2. A properly fitting bra is not a luxury. It is a necessity.
3. Your happiness is your happiness and yours alone.
4. How to apply red lipstick.
5. How to wear the crap out of red lipstick.
6. A boyfriend does not validate your existence.
7. Eat the extra slice of pizza.
8. Wear what makes you feel gracefully at ease.
9. Love the world unconditionally.
10. Seek beauty in all things.
11. Buy your friends dinner when you can.
12. Try with all your might to keep in contact with far-away friends.
13. Make the world feel at ease around you.
14. Walk with your head up.
15. Order a cheeseburger on the first date if you want to.
16. Never, EVER bite your nails.
17. Swipe on some lipstick, put on your leather jacket, and sneak into a party somewhere.
19. Dental hygiene is not multiple choice.
20. Take pictures, but not too many.
21. Your GPA is not a confession of your character.
22. There is strength in breaking down.
23. You don’t have to like yoga.
24. Pick a tea.
25. Take care of your feet.
26. Pick a perfume.
27. Even if you’re tall, wear the heels anyway.
28. Classy is a relative term.
29. Like what you like.
30. Offer no explanation.
31. You are no less of a woman when you’re in sweats and gym shoes than a woman in stilettos and a pencil skirt.
32. A woman is a woman is a woman.
33. Love your fellow woman with all your heart and soul.
34. Cry, uninhibited, with your friends.
35. Laugh until you can’t breathe with your friends.
36. Tell me everything.
37. Exercise to be strong and healthy. A beautiful soul needs a sturdy vessel.
39. My cooking is the best cooking.
40. Anna Karenina. I’d like it if you read it.
41. The world spins on the principle of inherent tragedy.
42. Do not be blind to it.
43. Men are effectively idiots until the age of 30.
44. Carbohydrates are not the enemy.
45. Involve yourself in an organized activity of your choosing.
46. Listen to classical music occasionally.
47. Take hot baths.
48. Do not use bath salts.
49. You are more than capable.
50. I promise.
51. Don’t smile if you don’t mean it.
52. Mean your anger. Mean your sadness. Mean your pain.
53. I am always, ALWAYS listening.
55. Make me furious.
56. Make me worry.
57. Come home smelly, tired, and with a good story.
58. Your story isn’t really yours.
59. You are a compilation of others’ stories.
60. Well-fitting and modest is ALWAYS sexier than too small and tight.
61. Who cares if glitter isn’t tasteful?
62. It’s too much eyeliner if you have to ask.
64. Humility and subservience are not synonyms.
65. Wash your face twice per day.
66. Be gentle with your skin.
67. Science is really cool.
68. So is literature.
69. And history.
70. And math.
71. There is no substitute for fresh air.
72. Carry your weight.
73. Make up for it later if you can’t.
74. That salad is not better than pasta and it never will be.
75. You’re fooling no one.
76. Find at least three green vegetables you can tolerate.
77. A smoothie is not a meal.
78. Expect the best from everyone.
79. People will let you down.
80. Bask in the sun (wearing a sunhat and sunscreen).
82. There is a certain kind of man you need to avoid at all costs.
83. You’ll know it when you meet him.
84. What other people say is right doesn’t always feel right.
85. What feels right is where your happiness is.
86. Give thoughtful gifts.
88. Stick to it.
89. Exfoliation in moderation.
90. Argue with people when you need to.
91. If it’s worth fighting for, fight fiercely.
92. Don’t fight for acceptance.
93. You shouldn’t have to.
94. It’s not your job to keep the people you love happy.
95. It’s OK to disagree with me, and others.
96. You are so very beautiful.
97. There is no single person who can be your everything.
98. Money doesn’t grow on tress
99. Follow your bliss at all costs. (I’m cutting you off at 22, though).
100. Chocolate ice cream, however, might just be a permanent fix.